[support] managing automated cron generated html pages via drupal

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 20:11:05 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 2:21 PM, sivaji j.g<sivaji2009 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 12:45 AM, Rahul Nabar <rpnabar at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We have a mysql database storing a bunch of scientific data and I have
>> a cron script querying the database and making html tables of key
>> data. Is there a way how this content (the resulting html pages) can
>> be integrated and managed via drupal? Especially the link structure
>> etc.?
>
> It is very difficult to answer with this minimal information.

Sorry if I was terse.  I'll try to do better:

I have data in a mysql database. In order to present this I (or rather
a cron script) usually run on the command line something like:

echo 'SELECT * FROM footable' | mysql -h foo.bar.edu -u foouser -p
--html bar_db > temp.html

Then a webpage.php file adds some more headers, css styling etc. and
presents this page. Something like:

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/118481/mqsql_html.jpg

Unfortunately there are several such "autogenerated" pages and it is
hard to keep track of up-to-date menus, links etc. I was wondering if
this was facilitated by Drupal. Maybe even if Drupal was the right
tool for this job at all.

--
Rahul