[support] managing automated cron generated html pages via drupal

Craig Gardner craig.s.gardner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 05:31:57 UTC 2009

Rahul,

I've done something similar quite a few times using Drupal.  The guts of my
code are:

> function scoreboard_menu() {

  $items = array();

> $items['scoreboard'] = array(

'title' => t('My Scoreboard'),

'description' => t('Scoreboard'),

'page callback' => 'scoreboard_main_page',

'access arguments' => array('access content'),

'type' => MENU_CALLBACK,

);

> return $items;

}

function scoreboard_main_page() {
>   $output = '';
> $table = array();
> $header = array(
> );
> $date = date('Y-m-d');
>
> db_set_active('customdb');
> $results = db_query('SELECT * FROM WHERE filter LIKE "%s%%" GROUP BY
> groupfield ORDER BY orderfield DESC', $date);
> db_set_active();

> while ($line = db_fetch_object($results)) {
> $table[] = $line;
> }
>
> $output .= theme('table', $header, $table, array('class' =>
> 'scoreboard-table'));
> return $output;
> }

Just make sure you have your database settings in your settings.php.  Seems
to work for me for simple tasks