[support] Does Drupal support MySQL Cluster?

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 29 13:28:21 UTC 2009

Yeah Drupal will work with MySQL cluster, but its not very practical.
Considering the number of tables in Drupal and how quickly datasets can
grow you start seeing performance issues, plus you also need to keep
dumping more memory into the cluster to store the tables. One thing you
can do to help alleviate this is using an external caching mechanism
like memcached to handle all Drupal's caching.

A better solution (and one used by a lot of high traffic Drupal sites
including Drupal.org) is to use database replication. Drupal doesn't
support this out of the box (yet), but there are patches available that
will make it work. Tag1 has a decent patch that I have used before
without any problems:

http://tag1consulting.com/patches#replication

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net