[support] Access denied/permissions

Emma Badger emma.badger at chocolateteapot.net
Wed Jul 29 13:11:34 UTC 2009

I have a problem accessing content with the anonymous user.

An example of the original URL for the content is /drupal/recruitment-
overview and the anonymous user can see this page.

The content is actually being accessed via a View (unrestricted
access) from the URL /drupal/taxmenu/menu-ol-hlp/node/58/26 where 26
is the node ID.

The admin user can see the content of /drupal/taxmenu/menu-ol-hlp/node/
58/26 but the anonymous user gets You are not authorized to access
this page.

The anonymous user has 'access content' and 'access all views
permissions'.  If I give the anonymous user 'administer content types'
permissions I can see the content of /drupal/taxmenu/menu-ol-hlp/node/
58/26 without logging in, but this means that anyone can create
content, which is not what I want.

I don't think this is related to Views as if I rename the View the the
administrator gets a blank page (I'm using taxonomy_treemenu where the
View name is hard coded) where as the anonymous user continues to get
You are not authorized to access this page.

The You are not authorized to access this page message is coming from
index.php.

Does this mean that the system doesn't recognise the URL /drupal/
taxmenu/menu-ol-hlp/node/58/26 when I'm not logged in as admin as is
in essence telling me that the page is not found?  Are permissions
associated to URLs in this way?

I've tried using the Devel module to clear the cache and rebuild the
treemenus.

Using the Devel module to Collect query info and Display query log
doesn't give me anything on  /drupal/taxmenu/menu-ol-hlp/node/58/26
(although it seems to work elsewhere on the site) so I thought that
maybe there was a redirect to this page so I switched on Display
redirection page which still doesn't give anything.

Looking at /drupal/recruitment-overview logged on as admin I get the
Devel Access permissions by user box which shows Guest as view - yes
update - no, delete - no, which is what I want.  Looking at /drupal/
taxmenu/menu-ol-hlp/node/58/26 I don't get the Access permissions by
user box.

Any help would really be appreciated, thanks.