[support] Upgrading from 4.5.5 to 6.13

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Thu Jul 30 06:28:31 UTC 2009

Hi Gang,

I'm bidding on a site upgrade which is currently running on Drupal 4.5.5.
The good (actually great) news is that there are no non-core modules running
except for the image module. I haven't had direct access to the db and the
node content page isn't filterable by content type in 4.5, out of the 1280
nodes, I believe that fewer than 50 are images.

I figure I'd upgrade to the last 4.5 release which was 4.5.8, then to
4.6.11, then to 4.7.11, 5.19, 6.13.

The db is MySQL. There are 1280 nodes. There is one vocabulary with about
130 terms. No important blocks. It's running a minimally customized version
of Bluemarine. But I'm throwing the theme out completely, anyway.

Even though it is five upgrades, this looks like it will be simple. Am I
deluding myself? Are there any gotchas that I'm not seeing? Any advice,
especially about what I may not be thinking of, would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Shai