[support] Upgrading from 4.5.5 to 6.13

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 14:43:33 UTC 2009

I did roughly the same migration for a small civic-action group's site
I maintain.  I had problems with large pieces of content in nodes
disappearing because of a subtle change some place in character set
handling.  The MySQL database software was not changed; the hosting
company was the same through out.

I also had some other problem (don't recall the specifics as it was
more than a year ago), which necessitated me redoing the entire chain
migration over.  Be sure you keep backups of each step along the way!

The upshot is that although in theory it should be very simple, you
may well hit unexpected snags.  Be prepared to have to spend many
extra hours fixing them.

Good luck.

..chris