[support] pathauto, block menu generating wrong path

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Tue Mar 3 14:37:03 UTC 2009

I'm having a problem, I think with pathauto. I have a nav bar that I
built from book pages. I'm displaying that navbar in a nice menu. Before
I was using a nice menu I was using some custom code in a block to
generate the menu, and I was having the same problem there, as well. So
I don't think this is related to nice menus.

The menu itself seems to have the correctly named paths, e.g.,

http://mydomain.com/article-title

This is what I see when I mouse over the items in admin/build/menu,
anyway. But the menu itself is displaying strange paths, such as

http://mydomain.com/admin/build/path/node/1

Node 1 is the correct node, and obviously node/1 is a good path. But why
isn't it using the alias, and why is it appending the path to the
currently active path?

You can see this behavior at http://www.fertilityauthority.com, in the
horizontal nav at the top of the page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated here, as this is a live site and
it's only a matter of time before the client sees the problem.