[support] HELP! with Views and relational data

Chris McCreery chris.mccreery at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 21:09:05 UTC 2009

Ok unfortunately I have already started this project and some other areas
rely on some 5 modules so I can't convert to 6.

This is what I want to accomplish.
User logs in creates a profile(usernode) which includes location information
The user can then create a Program(eg. indoor basketball)
Now the user can create an attendance tracking node for the program they
created above.
Users only have access to the content they created.

For reporting purposes as the administrator I would like to be able to see
all the programs created for example by province, organization, or other
data stored in the user profile(usernode) as well I would like to see all
the attendance reports by organization, province, postal code, etc. The
issue I think here is that the user shouldn't have to select their own
organization or  province, postal code when creating a new program or
attendance tracking as this should be created by a relationship to the
usernode. Sorry if i'm not too clear here I'm a bit confused as to how I can
do this in drupal.

Thanks

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Shai Gluskin <shai at content2zero.com> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> This is not a comprehensive response...
>
> First, what you are talking about is much easier to do in Drupal 6/Views 2
> than it is with Drupal 5.
>
> The Sign up module is excellent: http://drupal.org/project/signup
>
> It works with either a Date field or with the Event module. I'm not sure if
> the signup module has Views integration.
>
> So in short, I'd start with D6, Views, Signup, and Date as the core
> components to build what you want.
>
> Shai
>
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Chris McCreery <chris.mccreery at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi I am creating a site that has the following content types:
>>
>>    - Organization (Usernode)
>>    - Program (define a program)
>>    - Attendance Tracking (track attendance for that program)
>>
>> I would like to create an admin view that shows me all the details for
>> either program or the attendance tracking with data from the usernode. For
>> example:
>>
>> Program Name
>> Organization Name
>> Province
>> Country
>> Postal Code
>>
>> I'm just wondering what is the best way to have the Program and Attendance
>> tracking content types reference this data. Would I need to create computed
>> fields that query the database separately to get them into the content type?
>>
>> Thanks, any help would be much appreciated.
>>

>> --
>> Chris McCreery
>>
>> --

Chris McCreery