[support] Drupal-promote to front page, is it possible to promote other pages?

Mohammad Towfiqul Islam towfiq.islam at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 7 03:03:52 UTC 2009

Dear All,

I have couple of questions:

You may noticed that when you create a page below there is a option : "Publishing option" and "Promoted to front page" checkbox.
If you click it the contents will be publishing to the front page.

What I want to do is promote this content to some other pages rather than front page. Would it be possible? Is there any module or any tricks to do?

I dont know this is the right place to ask. Anyway if you can help me...
I have hosted Drupal in Windows 2003 machine using XAMPP.
The problem is: in a network environment clicking http://drupal.example.com is ok and users can access. But when somebody accessing from outside my office network he/she need to type IP address. exampple: http://208.23.12.45/drupal. http://drupal.example.com is not working outside from my network.

What can I do that outside office network users also can use this url (not IP address one)http://drupal.example.com when they will access to my Drupal site.

Thanks in advance.