[support] Drupal-promote to front page, is it possible to promote other pages?

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 04:41:46 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 5:03 AM, Mohammad Towfiqul Islam
<towfiq.islam at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have couple of questions:

> You may noticed that when you create a page below there is a option :
> "Publishing option" and "Promoted to front page" checkbox.
> If you click it the contents will be publishing to the front page.
> What I want to do is promote this content to some other pages rather than
> front page. Would it be possible? Is there any module or any tricks to do?

When you "Promote" a post it is added only to the default front page,
which actually is the http://example.com/node page.

To add a post to a node listing page created with taxonomy, such as
taxonomy/term/{term-id}, tag it with the appropriate taxonomy term.

To add a post to a node listing page created with the views module, do
whatever is needed to satisfy the filter of the view: Tag it with a
taxonomy term or create it using a specific content type... or
whatever is required by the filter of that view.

> I dont know this is the right place to ask. Anyway if you can help me...
> I have hosted Drupal in Windows 2003 machine using XAMPP.
> The problem is: in a network environment clicking http://drupal.example.com
> is ok and users can access. But when somebody accessing from outside my
> office network he/she need to type IP address. exampple:
> http://208.23.12.45/drupal. http://drupal.example.com is not working outside
> from my network.
>
> What can I do that outside office network users also can use this url (not
> IP address one)http://drupal.example.com when they will access to my Drupal
> site.

You need to buy the domain, point it to a domain name server (DNS),
and add an entry to the DNS to map the domain to your IP (an "A
record"). There are some specialized sites for this kind of thing,
such as http://www.zoneedit.com.

If your IP is not static but changes sometimes, this kind of sites
also offer "Dynamic DNS" services: You run permanently a program in
your computer which updates your IP automatically whenever it changes,
so that the domain name always points to right IP.