[support] Programmatically adding cck field to module defined content type

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Thu Mar 19 18:04:40 UTC 2009

I did search for this, but I'm still finding my way around the various
resources and the answer is not clear to me. Can anybody tell me, or
point me to documentation that tells me, how to add a cck field into a
content type I'm creating from my module?

I want to add a multi-value nodereference autoselelect field from my
implementation of hook_form(). Or should I be doing it from
hook_nodeapi()? Where / how do I do this in my .module file?