[support] Missing pages

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 23 12:19:48 UTC 2009

Quoting Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at theingots.org>:

> Hello,
>
> One of my users says that he has a page missing. He says that he made
> a page and now it's gone. He doesn't have a node number. Every
> account on my site has a "My Pages" link where the user can find all
> his pages, so users don't have to remember node numbers. Anyways, I
> checked the database. I searched in the table 'node' and
> 'node_revisions' and I didn't see any record matching the user's uid.
>
> Is there any other place I can look at to at least verify that the
> page once existed and this isn't just a user error? (e.g. "forgot to
> save").
>
> If you delete a page, do the records also get deleted from
> node_revisions? Does the fact that node_revisions has nothing mean
> anything?
>
> Yes, my site has regular backups too and I'll make use of those. I
> just want to figure out if there is a trail somewhere that I can look
> at.

Check the watchdog table; for D5 admin/logs/watchdog and D6
admin/reports/dblog is the path in the admin UI.  I thought a delete
was only a flag that at some future date a cron function would remove
but I may be totally wrong with that.

--
Earnie  http://r-feed.com
  Make a Drupal difference and review core patches.

-- http://for-my-kids.com/  -- http://www.4offer.biz/