[support] Looking for a contact form solution

Steve Kessler skessler at denverdataman.com
Mon Nov 2 15:54:32 UTC 2009

Howdy Drupal Community,

I have done a couple hours of research on this problem and have not found
something that meets all my needs and I hoping that someone else here has
worked through this and built some kind of recipe that bridges the gaps
here.

I have a site that will have about 200 people (authors and the like) that
can be contacted through the site. Some people may find the information on
the site controversial so we want to make sure that we are not putting
author information out on the web without any filters. I want to make sure
that anonymous users can send email to the authors without giving the
authors email and ideally being able to track the use of the form and
throttle its use to prevent SPAMing.

Webform is the perfect solution because it separates users from email
addresses, tracks form uses and throttles form submissions from registered
and anonymous users. The problem with webform is as best as I can tell I
would need to keep an author list in webform to email a specific author with
it or pass the email in plain text through the URL. If there is a way to
pass the UID and then send an email via the UID that would be the perfect
solution.

Any suggestions of how to approach this are very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Kessler

Denver DataMan