[support] PHP GD

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Fri Nov 6 12:07:46 UTC 2009

I am seeing this on the status page of D6 on my Ubuntu server.

Does anyone know of a Ubuntu package that will solve this, or must I
actually compile my own PHP here?

   GD Image Filtering Low Quality / Poor Performance
   The installed version of PHP GD does not support image
   filtering(desaturate, blur, negate, etc). It was probably compiled
using
   the official GD libraries from http://www.libgd.org instead of the GD
   library bundled with PHP. You should recompile PHP --with-gd using the
   bundled GD library. See http://www.php.net/manual/en/image.setup.php.
An
   implementation of imagefilter in PHP will be used in the interim.
   GD Image Rotation Low Quality / Poor Performance
   The installed version of PHP GD does not support image rotations. It
was
   probably compiled using the official GD libraries from
   http://www.libgd.org instead of the GD library bundled with PHP. You
   should recompile PHP --with-gd using the bundled GD library. See:
   http://www.php.net/manual/en/image.setup.php. An implementation of
   imagerotate in PHP will used in the interim.
   GD library 2.0 or higher
   GD library 2.0 or higher