[support] managing files in d6

Simone Dal Maso simone.dalmaso at juvox.it
Mon Nov 16 09:01:47 UTC 2009

Hi,
I updated from drupal5 to drupal6 and obviously I have many problems with
attachments to the nodes, since I used a module called Disknode for managing
files.
Previously, Disknode gaves the capability to attach more files into a node
and overall to select them from the server, instead of uploading them.
Now, Disknode is broken for d6, and I must find a solution:
I have about 500 files and I must rearrange them, attaching them to various
nodes, since I can't use disknode.
The solution that I have in mind are few and I hope someone could give me
some hints:
1. Use WebFm, this is a filemanager that offers more or less the same
capability of disknode. Unfortunately this module doesn't expose a counter,
but allows attaching files to nodes selecting from the server.
2. Use cck, file_field and other, but I can't select files from the server,
so I should re-upload all and this is not acceptable.

3. Learn how drupal6  use attachment in core, and play with sql table in
order to make some convertions between the old method of disknode and d6
drupalcore. Does someone know where Drupal6 write information about
attachments, in which sql table?
If you have some suggestions they are very appreciated!
Thanks.