[support] Create User Account In A Blocked State

chocba chocba at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 22:19:56 UTC 2009

Hi,
I would like to  perform  a validation on a profile field dispalyed in user
registration. If this validation fail, I would like to create the user
account and set his state to blocked. If success, then the user will remain
as active. Please hlep me how can I achieve this functionality. Right now,
I'm performing the validation implementing hook_user in profile module. But
how do I make the user status as blocked instead of active, if the profile
field validation fails?