[support] MENU<->CCK: Trigger-Actions / modules

sebastian inforazor at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 20:27:35 UTC 2009

Hello,

Looking into writing a custom trigger->action module.

But first I wanted to check if this has already been done.

The problem right now is for a content_admin to add a page, they would
need to add a CCK radio-select option [with the pipe of machine name and
human-name] and they would then also need to make a menu item, using the
machine name, with the correct path so that it calls the Panel... that's
expect a ot from a person who doesn't understand the word FTP and has
problems just getting copy to look good in a WYSIWYG with more than 2
buttons... but still wants to be able to add themselves new menu-pages
(read Panel-pages) to their website...

So, I'm looking to make the process easier.

Basically I have Panels which read the arg0 variable in the URL to call
up Nodes that have a drop-down CCK field that matches the arg0 passed to it.

What I am missing, is a way for a MENU item to be automatically created
at the same time [and with the same identifier] as a value in a
radio-select field for Page_Area.

I could imagine that either a MENU item gets created when a new item is
added to the radio-select Page_Area.

OR

A new radio-select Page_Area is added when a new MENU item is created.

OR

Some totally different form/page where the content_admin can just see
text fields with page names (which become radio's in Page_Area), and
they can add/delete page names and it automatically creates/deletes
[without them knowing] the correct MENU and adds/removes CCK-radio
select boxes from the Page_Area.

Any of these solutions are good, and ideally the third from a usability
perspective makes the most sense as it would present the end user with
an ultra-dumb-easy experience.

Has this been done?

Would this be considered a trigger->action, or a module?

Is there an easier solution than writing a trigger->action/module?

How have YOU addressed this issue with your clients? I must not be the
only person who wants to let clients add/remove pages; but realizes that
adding a menu-section often involves connecting it to other dynamic
content variables... how do you solve this?

Thanks for your time and feedback!

Kindly,

Sebastian.