[support] Private file transfer keeps enabling itself

Steve Power steev at initsix.co.uk
Thu Nov 26 07:07:06 UTC 2009

Hi

I have a D6 site which has the private uploads module enabled and a slew of
others.  Every so often (like once/twice a week) i will find that the file
system has changed my setting of 'Public - files are available using HTTP
directly.' to  'Private - files are transferred by Drupal.'

I have to get to the bottom of this as each time the file transfer method is
changed to private, all the IE clients start seeing white screens (too many
css files) as css + js aggregation is turned off.

Does anyone know of any condition that would prompt this setting to change
automatically?  I have taken the step of disabling the private uploads
module just in case this has anything to do with it.

any help appreciated. cheers.

Steve Power
Principal Consultant
Mobile: +44 (0) 7747 027 243
Initsix Technology and Media
--

"A squid eating dough in a pothyethylene bag is fast and bulbous.  Got me?"
- Captain Beefheart