[support] Opinion on Host Gator ?

gerald langiewicz glang at pc027009.ss.uci.edu
Thu Nov 26 14:45:32 UTC 2009

I have used Hostgator and had to switch. After researching other hosting
companies, I ended up with Webhostingpad. I was running into the php
memory limit and needed more in order to run a custom module.

I altered my HG php settings and still had my problem. After contacting
support, I was told that in no way could the memory limit be raised above
the maximum (64M) allowed without moving to a dedicated server.

I have to admit Hostgator's support is great. They responded to my issues
quickly and were very professional. While I had to move to Webhostingpad
because of the PHP memory limit, the support isn't as good as Hostgator.

If you are not worried about the php memory limit, I highly recommend
Hostgator. If you need more than the 64M memory limit, Webhostingpad is a
good option.

I hope this helps
gerald