[support] approach with multiple levels of data

sebastian inforazor at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 01:00:00 UTC 2009

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the feedback.

> I think you're over engineering this problem.  I see what you're
> trying to do... but wheres this data come from?  What is this data?
>
> Just a note--you can put as much content as you want in a region in
> panels.  You don't need a separate panel template.

Hmmm, but if I put in several Views, all of the same type, but send
different arguments for it [row1, row2, row3] then I still have to
manually define the row numbers, and then I am lacking some of the
theming control that I have now with the different rows. [I wrote a
custom panel-style which themes the first view element of each row to be
the accordion controller of that entire panel-row]

The data is coming from Node-creation. There are many types of nodes,
some with a square image, some text, a couple of CCK fields etc. And
then also some wide image types, some splash header content types, some
3 column list content types, some carousel content types, and even some
tab-view content types. These all have common CCK fields to determine
'Panel' and 'Row' [but the user see's "Page" and "Sub-section" as this
more logical from a content management perspective]

Some content can appear in more than one Panel/Row, so this is a
multi-select check-box field. There are 10 such Panel pages, and they
range from 3 Rows to 8 Rows [I hope].

I hope this makes sense; as it is indeed complicated.

Kind regards,

Sebastian.