[support] CKEditor and Wysiwyg path problems

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Tue Apr 13 15:53:46 UTC 2010

My path problem is described with no answer on this older post of
somebody's:

http://drupal.org/node/706306

Basically:

* When installing ckeditor via drush, it complains that it can't download
the library to sites/all/libraries/ckeditor.

I manually created that path, but it didn't help.

* Wysiwig complains that ckeditor is not detected, because the library is
not in sites/all/libraries/ckeditor.

I am not sure if this is the same thing that the Druple ckeditor module
readme instructs to download and place in
sites/all/modules/ckeditor/ckeditor, but if so, why is it wanted in both
places?
That is called "the CKEditor", not "the CKEditor library" by the CKEditor
folks, so I'm not quite certain.

Would it be sufficient to create a symlink from the libraries version to
the module version?  I.E.:

ln -s /.../modules/ckeditor/ckeditor /.../libraries/ckeditor

?  This is a stupid problem, but that is an easy solution if it will work
without hosing things.

All I am trying to do is to get IMCE working with CKEditor.:(

Luke