[support] CKEditor and Wysiwyg path problems

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Tue Apr 13 18:02:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, Rolf Kutz wrote:

> You're mixing up the module CKEditor and the
> library CKEditor. Former is a standalone Module

But the module requires the library, right?  Which is presumably the code
packet downloaded from http://ckeditor.com/download [see below].

> (http://drupal.org/project/ckeditor) and can be
> installed in sites/all/modules, later is a library
> used by the WYSIWYG Framework
> (http://drupal.org/project/wysiwyg) and should be
> installed in sites/all/libraries/ckeditor.

Am I?  From the drupal module readme:

Requirements
------------
   - Drupal 6.x
   - PHP 4.3.0 or greater
   - CKEditor 3.1 or greater (http://ckeditor.com/)

Also:

Installation / Configuration
    2. Download CKEditor from http://ckeditor.com/download. Unzip the
       contents of the ckeditor directory in the
       sites/all/modules/ckeditor/ckeditor directory.

Everything I have seen in d.o and blog posts suggests that in order to use
CKEditor on textareas, you need the module form, regardless of anything
else.

You're saying that I should get rid of the CKEditor module, and let the
wysiwig module take care of all of it?

Luke