[support] CKEditor and Wysiwyg path problems

Rolf Kutz rk at vzsze.de
Tue Apr 13 19:12:31 UTC 2010

On 13/04/10 14:02 -0400, Luke wrote:
>On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, Rolf Kutz wrote:
>
>> You're mixing up the module CKEditor and the
>> library CKEditor. Former is a standalone Module
>
>But the module requires the library, right?  Which is presumably the code
>packet downloaded from http://ckeditor.com/download [see below].

Yes.

>> (http://drupal.org/project/ckeditor) and can be
>> installed in sites/all/modules, later is a library
>> used by the WYSIWYG Framework
>> (http://drupal.org/project/wysiwyg) and should be
>> installed in sites/all/libraries/ckeditor.
>
>Am I?  From the drupal module readme:

Which module?

>Requirements
>------------
>   - Drupal 6.x
>   - PHP 4.3.0 or greater
>   - CKEditor 3.1 or greater (http://ckeditor.com/)
>
>Also:
>
>Installation / Configuration
>-------------------
>    2. Download CKEditor from http://ckeditor.com/download. Unzip the
>       contents of the ckeditor directory in the
>       sites/all/modules/ckeditor/ckeditor directory.
>
>Everything I have seen in d.o and blog posts suggests that in order to use
>CKEditor on textareas, you need the module form, regardless of anything
>else.
>
>You're saying that I should get rid of the CKEditor module, and let the
>wysiwig module take care of all of it?

It's your choice. You don't need to the
ckeditor-Module, just the library to use it with
the wysiwyg-Framework. Just follow the Guide at
http://drupal.org/node/371459

But you could also use the ckeditor module
standalone.

regards
Rolf
--
Imagine a world devoid of hypothetical situations...