[support] When are Caches Cleared?

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 09:49:44 UTC 2010

> http://www.lullabot.com/articles/a_beginners_guide_to_caching_data
> http://drupal.org/node/326504

Yes, I've seen these but I still haven't found the answer. Perhaps I
have found it, by default.

> Your question is vague.

Right--my mistake.

> Why do you ask?  Are you developing code and not seeing the caches
> change or is there some production issue you need resolved?

The issue is that a client called me to ask why an event that he
cancelled and thus unpublished was still appearing on this months'
calendar page. He had even deduced that this was a problem only for
anonymous users. So I cleared the page cache and it was fixed.

Then he asked me, "So what, every time we make a change we have to
know to clear the cache??"

I haven't seen anywhere that page caches are rebuilt automatically
ever so I'm guessing that maybe they're not. Ever?

That's the question.

Thanks.