[support] Installing via Ubuntu apt-get

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 26 11:47:43 UTC 2010

Christopher Gray wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I installed Drupal with the Ubuntu command:
>
>       apt-get install drupal6
>
> In reviewing Drupal documentation about setting up files, modules, and so
> forth, many things don't seem to be the same in the Ubuntu installation.
> For example, the files are not as suggested in /usr/share/drupal6/sites.
> Does anybody know of a good source of documentation on what the Ubuntu
> installation does, where it puts things, and what we need to do as
> administrators and designers in getting started?

One of the downfalls of apt-get is that your dependent on the package
maintainer to take care of where to put the files.  If the install
didn't put it in /usr/share/drupal6 where did the package install?
Maybe look in /var/www for your Drupal installation or use the locate
command to find it if you have updatedb executed in cron.

--
Earnie
-- http://progw.com