[support] Question about send parameters from Drupal to an external site

Gottwig, Jeremy M. (GSFC-272.0)[ZIMMERMAN & ASSOC.] jeremy.m.gottwig at nasa.gov
Mon Apr 26 17:00:43 UTC 2010

I'm often slow in working through workflows, so forgive me if you've already described all this using different language:

In your original post, you mentioned something about posting through a form.  For a workflow, does this mean that currently, you have a form (is this form in the iFrame as well?) which, upon submission, sends out a GET request to your Tomcat application, and then Drupal displays the resulting Tomcat page in an iFrame?

-----Original Message-----
From: support-bounces at drupal.org [mailto:support-bounces at drupal.org] On Behalf Of Robert Hicks
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 12:27 PM
To: support at drupal.org
Subject: Re: [support] Question about send parameters from Drupal to an external site

Thanks Jeremy,

I realize POST data is no more secure, but it makes it less obvious to
the user that they can muck around with the request. I actually tried
using POST data but the iFrame page failed to receive the request
entirely, so at least off the shelf this module will only accept GET
parameters.

The framework idea is this: Drupal manages what a user can and can't
see. This list of data that the user can see is then sent to an
external page (which is actually a JSP running in a Tomcat Container)
and the data is presented to the user. Basically Drupal is managing
the requests to Apache Tomcat. Therefore, Tomcat knows nothing of user
roles or even who is looking at the data. I realize this probably
isn't the best way to do this but Java is my (and every other
developer I work with) strongest language so we are trying to keep the
existing functionality that we have already written in Tomcat as
Servlets and JSPs.

Hope that makes sense and thanks in advance!

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Gottwig, Jeremy M.
(GSFC-272.0)[ZIMMERMAN & ASSOC.] <jeremy.m.gottwig at nasa.gov> wrote:
> Well, I guess you could pass the params through POST data, but that's really not any more secure for anyone who knows what to look for.
>
> In this case, I might build a module that can tap into your external data directly.  You could include the necessary PHP as part of your page callbacks both for display and submitting your form data.

web http://www.hyxspace.com
aim hyx1138