[support] Drupal installs

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Tue Apr 27 03:39:04 UTC 2010

during install of D7 I get a number of errors and the install failed at
'Configuring Site'
I deleted most of the URL to return to install.php and the install
started again permitting configuring of the site.
After site config completed I get a split screen with error message:

ERROR
/PDOException/: /SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146
Table 'MultiSites.cache_filter' doesn't exist: DELETE FROM
{cache_filter} WHERE (expire <> :db_condition_placeholder_0) AND (expire
< :db_condition_placeholder_1) ; Array ( [:db_condition_placeholder_0]
=> 0 [:db_condition_placeholder_1] => 1272331773 ) / in
/cache_clear_all()/ (line /172/ of
//var/www/html/Multi/includes/cache.inc/).

The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.

Its a new database new D7 install in a new directory

An earlier alpha D7 installed with no errors and no problems.
Got me tossed, dont know what's gone wrong.

On another but related problem
Tried fresh install of drupal 6.16 but this fails with errors also.

Drupal 6.15 installs & runs well. no problems.

Roger