[support] I cannot access any pages or the site at all. Calling example.com redirects immediately to example.com/home that also serves up an error page

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Wed Apr 28 17:32:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010, James Stone wrote:

> I had to reinstall a website. After a fresh install, I uploaded all of the
> modules from a particular date and then imported the sql script from the
> same date.

What does the root web directory look like?  I.E. what files are there?

> Problem -  I cannot access any pages or the site at all. Calling
> example.comredirects immediately to
> example.com/home that also serves up this error page.
>
> Not Found The requested URL/home was not found on this server. Additionally,
> a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument
> to handle the request.

This sounds very much like a webserver configuration issue.

As such, the most likely thing that could be effecting that is a .htaccess
file.

So, what kind of .htaccess file are you using in the web root directory?

My guess is that you're using none, which is the problem.  Drupal has a
rather extensive one which it requires.

At the least, the .htaccess file should be making certain that index.php
is the file accessed upon indexpage requests.  It sounds like your web
server is configured to attempt to access "home" in this case, which is
strange but possible.

So, what's in the .htaccess file?

Regards,

Luke