[support] I cannot access any pages or the site at all. Calling example.com redirects immediately to example.com/home that also serves up an error page

Pierre Rineau pierre.rineau at makina-corpus.com
Thu Apr 29 13:24:12 UTC 2010

Le mercredi 28 avril 2010 à 11:51 -0400, James Stone a écrit :
> I had to reinstall a website. After a fresh install, I uploaded all of
> the modules from a particular date and then imported the sql script
> from the same date.
>
> Problem -  I cannot access any pages or the site at all. Calling
> example.com redirects immediately to example.com/home that also serves
> up this error page.
>
> Not Found The requested URL/home was not found on this server.
> Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to
> use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I think this is an Apache RewriteRules problem. Check your apache
configuration, if the rewrite rules are in a .htaccess file, then it
might be that apache either does not finds the file, either does not
have permission to read it.

To be sure this is the problem, troubleshooting is the following:
aptempt to go to http://example.com/index.php?q=user

If it works, then it's an Apache RewriteRules configuration problem.

Pierre.