[support] Removing Nagivation & Etc On Certain Pages

Pierre Rineau pierre.rineau at makina-corpus.com
Fri Apr 30 07:25:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 19:59 -0700, Tim Gustafson wrote:
> I'm working on a Drupal module that uses JavaScript to create a "pop-up"
> effect whereby a mask layer with 50% opacity is drawn over the page content
> and then an iframe is put on top of that and a page loaded in the iframe for
> the user to interact with.  When they're done. the "pop-up" destroys the
> iframe and the mask layer.  This is all working great.
>
> No, for my question: when the iframe loads the content from my Drupal site,
> the content has the navigation menu, header, footer and all the rest of the
> trimmings, and what I really want is for the iframe to only have the content
> area of the page.
>
> Is there any way from within a drupal_get_form callback function to cause
> Drupal to "hide" everything other than the content area of the page?

Not that hard, I did this by loading my content not in a iframe, but in
a normal dom element (jquery ui popup), a custom menu path that does a
menu_set_active_handler() then call the right method to get back the
content, then return only this content.

Try somethng like this: pastebin.com/uBknmPfQ

Then, use the jQuery.form plugin to submit your form using ajax (quite
easy to use), and do not load in an iframe, but in a normal dom element
(so you can do ajax in it).

Hope it can help.

Pierre.