[support] taxonomy view question

LESLIE FRIESEN FRIESEN.LESLIE at co.polk.or.us
Mon Feb 1 20:09:08 UTC 2010

Good morning,

I am using the taxonomy module to organize content on our employee intranet site. I've assigned the term "Communique" for all content that should be included in a printable version of our employee newsletter, the Communique. There is a default view called taxonomy_term set up. When I go to the view of everything using that term, it creates a long list of all content tagged "Communique", but it's only showing the teaser version of each node. Since this needs to be printed out, it can't just be the teaser version with the links to Read More. It must show the entire contents of each node.  Is there an easy way to fix this? Preferably, it would only show the printer-friendly version of each node, as well.

The problem that I'm trying to solve is that there are a number of employees that do not have computers for their jobs (road crews, maintenance, etc.)  I need to find a way for them to have access to the same information as does everyone else that can log onto the intranet site. I'm trying to create a quick "one click" button that would print out all of the content for those folks. Otherwise, someone has to go into each and every page/node/whatever and manually print them all out, then put them together for the non-computer staff.

Is there a better way to try and tackle this than using the taxonomy module?  The intranet site does contain information that should not be printed out (static forms, documents, etc.) that should NOT be printed out. Only nodes designated as Communique should be printed.

Help???? We are running Drupal 6.

Thanks so much in advance,

Leslie Friesen
Polk County, Oregon