[support] D5: profile_values

Greg Knaddison Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Fri Feb 12 16:08:58 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Domenic Santangelo <domenics at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I have 19 profile fields and 600k users, that's 11.4 million rows in the profile_values table? Is that right? Seems crazy large. Is there a discussion about this somewhere I can find? Just inherited a site that was built some time ago.  D5.10.

It is highly unlikely that they all have all 19 profile fields
completed and the profile_values table only stores records if the user
has completed the values. Do a count on the table - it's likely much
lower.

That said, if you really do have 11 million rows you are probably
going to want to look into a caching solution pretty soon.

Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | 303-800-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com
Mastering Drupal - http://www.masteringdrupal.com