[support] Activating new user accounts.

Jim Tarvid tarvid at ls.net
Wed Feb 17 22:17:25 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Scott <scott at bscottholmes.com> wrote:

> I have a site that allows potential users to register.  By default they
> are blocked and need to be set to active by the administrator.  This
> cannot be done without resetting the password.  What is the standard
> procedure for this.  I note that drupal creates a default password that
> is sent out when no approval is required.
>
> Is it the usual practice for the administrator to create a new password
> at the time an account is activated?

 I take a different approach on sites where registered users may be
valuable.

http://drupal.ls.net/content/anonymous-authenticated-trusted creates a new
role "trusted" but lets users register without approval. It has proven
moderately safe when spam is suppressed with "mollom" and "ht:bl"

Advuser is also helpful.

Jim

--
Rev. Jim Tarvid, PCA