[support] Redirecting Taxonomy Links through a view

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Thu Feb 18 22:36:53 UTC 2010

I need a pointer or two on the best way to do this in D6.

I am making a view (which so far doesn't work), to handle the display of a
node list by taxonomy.
I.E. a replacement for taxonomy/term/TID.

Since I only want this to apply to a single taxonomy, I did not want to
replace the whole taxonomy/term core functionality, so I have given the
view a different path.  I am no views expert, so not sure if that is the
right way to go.
If not, and there is a way to have my cake and eat it with the same path,
please enlighten me--it will solve my issue right there.

The issue I'm having, is that when viewing a node, the list of taxonomy
terms is displayed.  If a user clicks on one of them, he is taken to
taxonomy/term/TID, and once the view is working, that will be incorrect
behavior.

Do I need to build the view differently, or install a redirection module?

The view I am using is a customized version of the default taxonomy/term
replacement view which ships with views2.

Thanks

Luke