[support] Create a bilingual gallery using Galleria module

Daniel Mark daniel.mark at win-win.se
Wed Feb 24 10:08:58 UTC 2010

Dear Drupal community!

I am trying to setup a bilingual gallery with separate imagefield
descriptions for each language,
using the i18n and Galleria module. Both languages are to have the
same photos.

I want to set it up so that the user can submit two descriptions in
the site's two languages at once,
without first having to: (1) click translate  (2) select the 2nd
language (3) re-add the photo or
fill in the text string, if it's already added.

Modules tried

I have tried the LangsAtOnce module, which merges the two language's
edit pages together.
Unfortunately did not to work with Galleria's content type.

Second module I tired was the In-place translation module, which does
the same thing as LangsAtOnce.
It was able to duplicate imagefield's photos & caption fields for
each language onto one page,
but saving different strings for each language did not work.

The last module I tried was imagefield_extended, which adds user-
configured fields to imagefield.
I was able to create a second description field, but was not able to
figure out if it was possible to link that to
my site's second language.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience in this matter, or
thoughts of a way to solve it?

Thanks for reading!

Best regards,
Daniel Mark