[support] Drupal login from "other" site

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 04:31:46 UTC 2010

I need a way to provide the Drupal login form on an external or
"other" site.  That is, I have a site on which all content is public,
viewable by anonymous users.  On this public site, I want to provide a
block/form in which a "member" can type their Drupal username and
password and click a button to take them to the members-only site,
where all content require authentication.

I'm sure I could hack up something with iframe or JavaScript, but this
seems like it might be a fairly common enough problem that someone
might have already solved it in an elegant way.  I waded through about
400 login-related modules on drupal.org without any luck, however.

This is for Drupal 6, so a plain vanilla HTML form won't work.  I need
the Drupal-generated hidden form token.

Thanks for any suggestions,
..chris