[support] Is there a way to test drupal module without reinstall

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Jun 23 07:10:48 UTC 2010

The .module file is reparsed on every page load, but many hooks are cached and
not called again until the cache is cleared.  hook_menu and hook_theme are
among them.  I don't recall off hand if hook_block is.  To have those get
rescanned, go to the Performance page in the admin and click the clear cache
button.

You can also install the devel or admin_menu modules, which offer links on
every page (either as a block for devel or at the top left of every page in
admin_menu) to clear the cache.  You generally only need to do so when those
hooks change, but having the command on-hand is extremely useful during
development.

--Larry Garfield