[support] recurring problem

James R Stone fndtn357 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 03:25:45 UTC 2010

I have a problem I can't solve:

When I go to my client's website at  bartosandrini.com the *Home* tab is not
highlighted, in fact a completely different tab, *Criminal/Traffic*, is
highlighted. This problem showed up after one of my client's blog editors
selected   Promoted to front page in the *Publishing options* section.

[image: original.png]

These are my settings across the site

In *Site Configuration* *>* *Site Information*(or
/admin/settings/site-information)

Default front page: *http://bartosandrini.com/
The home page displays content from this relative URL. If unsure, specify
"node".

In the footer section on the same page and I am using <a

In *Site Building* *>* *Menus* *>* *Primary Links* (or
/admin/build/menu/item/1964/edit)

Menu settings
The path this menu item links to. This can be an internal Drupal path such
as *node/add* or an external URL such as *http://drupal.org*. Enter *<front>
* to link to the front page.
Menu link title: *
The link text corresponding to this item that should appear in the menu.

In *Site Building* *>* *Blocks* after selecting configure for the rotor in
the content top block
(or /admin/build/block/configure/views/rotor-block_1)

Page specific visibility
settings<http://bartosandrini.com/admin/build/block/configure/views/rotor-block_1#>
Show block on specific pages:
 Show on every page except the listed pages.
 Show on only the listed pages.
 Show if the following PHP code returns TRUE (PHP-mode, experts only).
Pages:
Enter one page per line as Drupal paths. The '*' character is a wildcard.
Example paths are *blog* for the blog page and *blog/** for every personal
blog. *<front>* is the front page. If the PHP-mode is chosen, enter PHP code
between *<?php ?>*. Note that executing incorrect PHP-code can break your
Drupal site.

This problem first occurred in January and below is a copy of the advice I
received. Initially, this worked for me. This advice does not work and I
really don't know what to do or how to troubleshoot this.

Comments
I think <http://drupal.org/node/678758#comment-2449442>
Posted by ludo1960 <http://drupal.org/user/216916> on *January 8, 2010 at
12:45am*

The URL path settings should be front and not home.

   - reply <http://drupal.org/comment/reply/678758/2449442>

did not work for me <http://drupal.org/node/678758#comment-2452634>
Posted by fndtn357 <http://drupal.org/user/255723> on *January 8, 2010 at
5:25pm*

I did that but I am still unable to see the Home tab highlighted in the
Primary menu. Any ideas?

"The skill of coding is to create a context in which other people can
contribute."

   - reply <http://drupal.org/comment/reply/678758/2452634>

In admin <http://drupal.org/node/678758#comment-2452748>
Posted by ludo1960 <http://drupal.org/user/216916> on *January 8, 2010 at
5:57pm*

Check admin/build/path/list that the alias exists, if not create it

   - reply <http://drupal.org/comment/reply/678758/2452748>

alias exists in one part of the
list<http://drupal.org/node/678758#comment-2453242>
Posted by fndtn357 <http://drupal.org/user/255723> on *January 8, 2010 at
9:02pm*

in a filtered list *nodes*, I see node/33 = node/33 and if I try to change
that it says that home is already being used.
Without a filter, home = node/33. Is this something I should change in the
database so that forward or reverse it says home = node/33 and node/33 =
home? Or should I delete the extra node/33 listing?

"The skill of coding is to create a context in which other people can
contribute."

   - reply <http://drupal.org/comment/reply/678758/2453242>

Repeat <http://drupal.org/node/678758#comment-2453252>
Posted by ludo1960 <http://drupal.org/user/216916> on *January 8, 2010 at
9:05pm*

Check admin/build/path/list that the alias exists, if not create it

   - reply <http://drupal.org/comment/reply/678758/2453252>

exists <http://drupal.org/node/678758#comment-2453278>
Posted by fndtn357 <http://drupal.org/user/255723> on *January 8, 2010 at
9:14pm*

*home* is an Alias and *node/33* is in System.

"The skill of coding is to create a context in which other people can
contribute."

   - reply <http://drupal.org/comment/reply/678758/2453278>

ok <http://drupal.org/node/678758#comment-2453292>
Posted by ludo1960 <http://drupal.org/user/216916> on *January 8, 2010 at
9:19pm*

delete that and start again, on the site info page make front page: node

Then make you menu path <front> call it anything you want ie Home

   - reply <http://drupal.org/comment/reply/678758/2453292>

wow! Thanks a lot. <http://drupal.org/node/678758#comment-2453380>
Posted by fndtn357 <http://drupal.org/user/255723> on *January 8, 2010 at
9:44pm*

That worked. Should I leave everything as is now? And moreover how did I get
it so confused? Did I not read correctly somewhere down the line? I reset
this (I don't remember how now) a few times and every time I ran a major
update it changed itself. Do you think this might happen again?

"The skill of coding is to create a context in which other people can
contribute."

   - reply <http://drupal.org/comment/reply/678758/2453380>

If it... <http://drupal.org/node/678758#comment-2453388>
Posted by ludo1960 <http://drupal.org/user/216916> on *January 8, 2010 at
9:46pm*

..works, then dont break it! :)

   - reply <http://drupal.org/comment/reply/678758/2453388>

Any help would be greatly appreciated with this issue.
--
Best Regards,
James R Stone