[support] recurring problem

Qiubo Su (David Su) qiubosu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 12:02:10 UTC 2010

in my drupal 6 site, browse to
http://www.mysite.com/admin/settings/performance, but the block cache is
default disabled and greyed out, can't be enabled. see blow. anyone can
help?

Block cache
Enabling the block cache can offer a performance increase for all users by
preventing blocks from being reconstructed on each page load. If the page
cache is also enabled, performance increases from enabling the block cache
will mainly benefit authenticated users.
 Block cache:
 Disabled
  Enabled (recommended)
 Note that block caching is inactive when modules defining content access
restrictions are enabled.