[support] Possible to get the "Read More" on a CCK field?

Neil Coghlan neil at esl-lounge.com
Fri Nov 12 00:18:47 UTC 2010

I couldn't get the "Read More" link to show in teasers for one of my
content types, then realised it was because the main text field in that
content type was actually a CCK field, not the default "body" text field.

There are a couple of comments on d.o but nothing definite about how to
get the Read More link showing. Is there something really obvious I'm
missing?

this is what I have on my other node types and the link shows up fine:

<?php if ($node->links['node_read_more']): ?>
print $node->links['node_read_more']['title'] ?> </a>
<?php endif; ?>

thanks in advance

Neil