[support] Possible to get the "Read More" on a CCK field?

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Fri Nov 12 02:27:15 UTC 2010

So many things you could do...

Set up a computed field to output the link (don't forget to use l() and
t() for generating anchor markup).

Use display suite / node displays to place the read more link, which
that module already provides

Add code into your template.php / .tpl.php

I'm presuming that the below code resides in a node template (tpl.php in
your theme directory). Do you have this code in the template for the
type that isn't displaying read more?

Ultimately the "Read more" link just points to the node/nid. So it would
be easy enough just to stick

<?php print l(t('Read more'), 'node/'.$node->nid); ?>

pretty much anywhere you want it.