[support] Info about uploaded files

prothero prothero at geol.ucsb.edu
Wed Nov 24 18:40:17 UTC 2010

Hi. I'm using SolarSentinal and Drupal 6.19. http://es.earthednet.org

What I'm wondering is the best place to put user uploaded files.
Currently, I have specified the /sites/default/files  folder. This is
the setting in the administer->file system configuration. The
temporary directory is set to tmp.

So, when users, who is allowed to create new content and upload images
are active, do I get a folder with a bazillion images in it? Is there
a way of cleaning house? I notice that duplicate images get a suffix
that keeps filenames from being duplicated.

It seems odd that the uploaded images from the entire site would all
end up in a single folder.

Perspective would be much appreciated.
Regards,
Bill