[support] Calculations in a view

Unknown arelem at bigpond.com
Fri Apr 8 00:09:45 UTC 2011

I need to provide tax calculations as part of a view output.
Views-calc doesn't provide the capability it provides few invariable
options and I can't seem to get Rewrite Output of a calculation field
to do the calculation. egs., field_value / 1.1

Civicrm or ubercart seem overkill for our needs.
I need to let applicants enter their donation (not prescribed payments)
against each of 10 or so events, .
We don't need the complexity of those applications, just to enter
dollar value donations, sum the totals for each event type and sum the
total of all incomes and apply tax to some events but not others,
output the result in a view and as a csv file or spreadsheet.

I have the data entry page working well and views that output results
and views-calc providing sum and count results but no hope withtax
calculations.

Can someone point me to a tutorial or module please or show me how to
code views calc.