[support] Argument passing

Austin Einter austin.einter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 02:19:08 UTC 2011

Hi All
I am trying to understand, what this 'page arguments' is.

$items['accountant/edit/registry/%'] = array(
    'type'             => MENU_CALLBACK,
    'title'            => 'Create Registry',
    'page callback'    => 'drupal_get_form',
    'page arguments'   => array('accountant_registry_form',3),
    'access callback'  => 'user_access',
    'access arguments' => array('accountant create registry'),
  );

Page arugments contains a function name 'accountant_registry_form' and 3
number of arguments.
So the function 'accountant_registry_form' is automatically called, or need
to be called from my custom module. Will there be 3 argumenets, if so what
are these 3 arguments and where it is mentioned.

Can somebody give me a high level explaination and point me to a right
link/document to understand this.

Thanks
Austin