[support] River of news and contextual analysis

Stereotactic maillist at postinbox.com
Tue Apr 19 09:42:16 UTC 2011

Hi

I am a moderator on a forum focusing on Oncology (Cancer Specialties).
We are in the process of moving to Drupal 7 based web site.

One of the key features that we are looking for is Oncology News.
However, given the huge number of publications/blog posts/ Twitter
Feeds, we are in a fix because the volume of information to be
aggregated is huge.

I am looking for :

1) Some solution to parse these feeds, categorize them automatically,
analyze the context in the text of the feeds (usually abstracts
delivered in the feeds), and extract tag clouds.

2) These tags then may then be analyzed how they are linked to each other.

3) The most relevant paper (abstract/blog post) should then be able to
bubble up to the top of the pile (and show as related posts).

4) We have implemented a system of rewarding the users with points so an
element of human curation would be available to the most relevant posts
in the proper category..essentially to rate the articles which have
"bubbled up to the top". The idea is that the users avoid the huge
volume of overload.

Is there any module in Drupal for this? (I dont have a programming
background- I am an Oncologist by profession).

Thanks in advance!