[support] Drupal 7: Photo Gallery

Andre Durudas durudasa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 03:08:27 UTC 2011

Hello fellow Drupal-users,

I am looking for an easy way to create several photo galleries on my
Drupal 7 website. It looks like the "Image Gallery" module (part of the
"Image" module, http://drupal.org/project/image) won't be upgraded to
Drupal 7 (and might not be necessary??).

I tried the "Media" and "Media Gallery" modules but I did not get them
to work. First of all, I did not like that I had to install several
other modules (e.g. Styles, Multi-Forms...) of which I don't know much;
I am very new to Drupal and hence, I would like an easy solution.
Furthermore, I never got the images to display correctly, for example,
preview sizes instead of the full size image.

And I am more than ready to admit that this was due to the fact that I
don't know enough about Drupal yet but it turned out to be too
complicated for me to set up.

Anyway, are there any other modules out there for Drupal 7 that could
help me?

Is there actually a way to upload photos into my website without any
modules? Also, how would I set it up so that photos would go into my
private files directory?

Sorry for so many questions, but I think they are all related. I really
appreciate any help!

Thanks so much!
Andre