[support] recommended upper limit for memory_limit

Benjamin Jacob ben4asterisk at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 14:34:56 UTC 2011

Hi All,

On my website, all pages run fine except for one page where I get the error :

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /home/website/somefile.php

I have used Drupal tweaks and the value is currently set to 256 MB, so obviously the limit's crossed.

I am not too happy about increasing this to 512 M. Is there any way to debug why it's taking so much memory?
This is a view of a list of nodes (with paging on). The max number of nodes for this node type wouldnt be more than 200 or so.

I am using a shared host (greengeeks)

ANy pointers?

cheers
- Ben