[support] recommended upper limit for memory_limit

Jarry mr.jarry at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 16:19:23 UTC 2011

On 27. 4. 2011 16:34, Benjamin Jacob wrote:

> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /home/website/somefile.php
> I have used Drupal tweaks and the value is currently set to 256 MB, so obviously the limit's crossed.

Hm, that's strange. I have quite complicated site, with many
modules, large database, even blocks with some not very "clean"
custom php-scripts, yet my site runs well with standard 128MB.
I tried to increase it to 256 or even 512, but did not notice
any signifficant difference...

I's suspect that php-script of yours. Maybe it's leaking
memory somewhere. I can't imagine a script where 256MB
is not enough. Only if it was called in parallel from
thousend clients at one time, without caching results...

Jarry