[support] Any dedicated server hosting to recommend ?

Jeff jeff at wildcoast.com
Thu Apr 28 04:55:34 UTC 2011

On 27 Apr 2011, at 11:20 PM, Nicolas Tostin wrote:

> Linode was also one of my original choice, but the price is the
> same, I'm not very comfortable paying $160/mo for a 4GB VPS when OVH
> give me much more power for half the price.
> I may be too stubborn and focalized on this provider :D

Yes. ;-)

Agreed. I can't recommend linode.com highly enough.

Their support is amazing, and I doubt you'll find a negative review
from anyone in the OSS community.

You don't get cpanel with fantastico, et al (but you can install them
yourself) - and a 4Gb RAM / 128Gb HDD server, + 1.6Tb trf is only $160
p/m. You can add automated backup facilities to that for an extra fee,
or just make snapshot backups in a separate partition.

You can't compare dedicated servers to VPS, though you do get stock 4
processor Xen instances on linode.com, along with shared, mirrored,
drives. I had a look at OVH, and they do look  really impressive - but
at the price I have to seriously wonder how they manage those specs.