[support] General Drupal question

Joel Willers joel.willers at sigler.com
Fri Apr 29 12:51:16 UTC 2011

So, if there were “many to many” data structures along with “one to many” structures (which node references are, if I understand them correctly), do I lose performance doing them with node references rather than hard coding the schema and interaction and storage?

Basically, if I have the data structure and interaction already mapped out, and all the tables already designed, how much performance do I lose by setting up Content Types and Node References versus just creating the table manually, and writing PHP to control the data flow?

Time-wise, I realize it’s much, much easier to do Content Types and Node References.  It’s like 1/10th the time.  But if Node References are going to hit the memory on the server too hard and cause performance issues and delays, then it just isn’t going to work.

Thanks for the feedback on this, by the way!  I really appreciate it!

Joel